I changed password on my iphone but it didn't transfer to my macbook; macbook password doesn't work

riffilee
riffilee
Community Member

I was having some trouble with my iphone & went to apple store for help. Had to change my 1password password on my iphone to gain access. But, the password won't transfer to my macbook air. And, the original password doesn't work on the macbook anymore. Help! Tried to find which version I downloaded but couldn't

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac OSsiera
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I changed my 1password password on my iphone, but it won't transfer to my macbook.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @riffilee

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. In general, you need to unlock 1Password one more time with your old password before to get the change to kick in. Can you pleas try again some variations of your previous password to see if you can get in so the change will take place? If it doesn't work, do you have all your data on your phone? Can you please tell us how you're syncing?

I hope to hear back from you so so you can use 1Password normally again :chuffed:

• riffilee
    riffilee
    Community Member

Pilar - so glad to hear from you. I've tried to log into my macbook several times - both the old & new passwords. Nothing is working. The phone is ok with the new password - thank heaven! Usually, the sinc happens over night, but I've also plugged my phone into my computer to attempt sincing. Also, I use the icloud - have tried to sinc with it on and off. Wondering if it would work for me to remove the program from my computer and reload it. Look forward to your advice.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @riffilee

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with this, but don't fear! We'll get 1Password back on its feet in no time :chuffed:

First of all, I'd like you to please try just what you suggest, delete 1Password and download it again. For this, please go to your Applications folder and drag 1Password to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then go to https://1password.com/downloads/ and install 1Password again. Please check if your old or new password work.

If they don't then we need to reset 1Password in your computer and sync again from your iPhone. Please follow the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/. When you're asked, you need to say you don't have an account. If you're syncing via iCloud then you need an option that says "find my data", or something similar and pick iCloud from there. 1Password will pick the data in iCloud from your iPhone. I'm not sure what you mean by "it usually syncs at night". Do you keep your computer offline or turned off during the day? Or do you do something to keep iCloud from being active during the day?

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if you're able to get your data back in your computer :chuffed:

• riffilee
    riffilee
    Community Member

Hi. I deleted the app and reloaded. I need an account key and don't know how to get that. I contacted agilebits, the company I

• riffilee
    riffilee
    Community Member

If I delete the ap, what will happen to all the info in it?
    thanks.

• riffilee
    riffilee
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Please help me, also. I purchased 1password/agilebits a year ago. Yesterday, I attempted to update, as I was prompted to do so. Now, there's a popup message that says: 1Password can't create a required support file. There are two prompt buttons: "get help" and "ignore". Neither works. Then, my 1Password icon starts to "hop" to show me it needs attention. The next box says "1Password failed to connect to 1Password Mini". I'm supposed to contact AgileBits support. Am I at the right place? Thanks.

[This and the next comment have been merged from https:///discussion/78124/will-folks-who-bought-the-full-versions-of-1password-i-e-not-subscription-still-get-updates into this discussion that you started last December.]

ref: LCJ-76231-513

• riffilee
    riffilee
    Community Member

Regarding the comment above from me (Riffilee), When I hit the "get help" button in the second message, I was sent to this page: How to change ownership of your NativeMessagingHosts folder. I tried to do that but could only get halfway. Also, I'm not sure this is intended for me.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hey @riffilee

Thanks for getting in touch. We have received your emails and we'll reply over there. We'll continue the conversation over email to keep everything in one place :chuffed: Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.