Can't select Dropbox directory to sync vault with

adrianhon
adrianhon
Community Member

When I try to select where to sync my Primary Vault with, after I press "Dropbox" on the dropdown list, the application waits for a few seconds, then a file picker appears for about 0.5 seconds and then disappears.

I'm following all the steps here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Oddly, it works fine on my iMac at home, just not on my new Macbook.

FYI it was always synced with Dropbox, but at some point in the last week or so, it decided to sync with "None". I have to say that I'm not having much luck with 6.5.2 - it just seems buggy.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrianhon,

I'm sorry you're having trouble re-enabling sync with Dropbox on that Mac! That's a strange problem, but we'll help you solve it one way or another.

First, on your new MacBook, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then unlock it with your master password, go back to Preferences > Sync, and try changing the sync setting from None to Dropbox. When you do that, are you able to click the 'Choose' button and select your sync file, or does the file picker appear & quickly disappear again? If it's the same problem, please reboot your Mac. Once it restarts, try again to re-enable sync with Dropbox. Does it make any difference this time?

If the same problem still happens, please try these steps:

• Open 1Password and go to File > Backup from the menu.
    • In the Backup preferences window, select the new backup you just created and click the Restore button (follow the steps to complete the restore).
    • After the restore, open & unlock 1Password and go back to Preferences > Sync.
    • Try to re-enable sync with Dropbox again.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• adrianhon
    adrianhon
    Community Member

Tried all of those things, it still doesn't work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @adrianhon,

Thanks for trying those things. Can you also please try this to see if it helps:

• Quit 1Password, then go to the Applications folder and drag the 1Password app file to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    • Empty the Trash, then reboot your Mac (important).
    • After the reboot, download/reinstall 1Password from either the Mac App Store or from our download site, depending on which version you were using.
    • Once it has been reinstalled, open the app and try again to re-enable Dropbox for that vault.

If the same problem still happens, as a test, try choosing the 'Folder' option in the sync settings instead of Dropbox. Does the same problem happen when you click 'Choose', or does it work as expected? (You don't actually need to completely set up Folder sync, I just want to figure out if the problem is specific to choosing Dropbox.)

This discussion has been closed.