View all vaults except Primary?

Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I have 2 vaults in addition to my Primary vault. Is there a way to view the items in those two vaults together without seeing what's in the Primary vault? Looks like my options are All vaults or each individual vault, not 2 out of 3 vaults.

I seem to be able to accomplish this with Tags, but it's convoluted.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mr. K.,

Good question! That's definitely possible, and you can do it by customizing which vaults are shown in the All Vaults view. From the main app, go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar, then choose the All Vaults tab. You can un-check the box next to any vault that you don't want to see in the All Vaults view. So in your case, un-check the Primary vault (and make sure the 2nd and 3rd vaults are checked). Now, when you choose 'All Vaults' from the vault selector in the main app window, it will only show the items from your 2nd and 3rd vaults.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Works great! A suggestion would be in this scenario show "Primary" as greyed out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion, @Mr. K.! Just to be clear, that's not a list of vaults that are included in the All Vaults view. That's the vault switcher, which lets you switch to any individual vault that you currently have in the 1Password app, or to the All Vaults view. So it might be confusing to make vaults gray in that view just because they aren't included in All Vaults. However, I agree that it would be nice to have an easy way to tell exactly which vaults are part of the All Vaults view and which aren't, so hopefully we'll be able to add something like that in a future release.

Thanks again, and have a great day! :)

This discussion has been closed.