Can't delete old vaults after migrating to 1Password online

persona
persona
Community Member

I previously had 2 vaults, created a 1Password vault online, and I imported all the data into the new vault. Now I have all three vaults appearing. How do I delete the original two? I've searched high and low for how to do this. I've deleted the files from my original dropbox sync location - still appearing in 1Password.

Please advise!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @persona,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. In 1Password for Mac, after unlocking the app, please select 1Password > Preferences from the menubar then navigate to Advanced and uncheck the option to allow for vaults outside of 1Password accounts. This should get you down to just vaults that are part of your account.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• persona
    persona
    Community Member

checkbox is greyed out and checked.

"You have several vaults outside of your 1Password accounts. They must be deleted before you can disable this feature"

I thought I already did delete them from dropbox : /

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @persona,

I'm sorry for the confusion! That checkbox should be available if you only have one local vault (i.e. the Primary vault), but if you have 2 local vaults, the steps are slightly different. You can delete those local vaults by following these steps:

1. Open & unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Click the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window and select your local secondary vault (it should be the next one below Primary).
    3. Go to 1Password > Delete [vault name] Vault... from the menubar.
    4. Switch to the Primary vault and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menu.
    5. After reading the warning that appears, enter the master password for your Primary vault and click Delete Items and Vault.

Now you should have only your new account vault in 1Password. Does that help? Please let us know if you have any trouble with that or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.