Mac 1P shuts down once every time I sign in

fbradbury
fbradbury
Community Member

For the past coupe of months I find that invariably 1Password closes within seconds after the first time I sign in. Once I have signed in for the second time it is fine and works as normal. I think it started after the second most recent upgrade. I hoped the update of a few weeks ago would fix the problem but it has not.

1Password Version: 6.3.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS x 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:abrupt closure immediately after sign in

Comments

• fbradbury
    fbradbury
    Community Member

Not sure what else you want

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fbradbury,

I'm sorry you're having this odd problem with 1Password! We'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

You indicated you're using version 6.3.5 of 1Password on your Mac, but we've released a couple updates since then, and the latest is currently 6.5.2. Please install the latest update to see if that helps: If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, open the main 1Password app and go to 1Password > Check for Updates in the menubar. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

After you've installed 6.5.2, do you still experience the same issue? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• fbradbury
    fbradbury
    Community Member

I have loaded the latest version (6.5.2) and although I still find the app locks it is certainly no longer every time I use 1Password. I can live with it as it is but will try to figure out if there is a set of circumstances that cause the lock. Thanks for the help

• @fbradbury It's worth adjusting your auto-lock settings to something that works better for you:

How to set 1Password to lock automatically

Hope that helps :)

This discussion has been closed.