En/Disable the TOTP in the App settings?

Rici
Rici
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I love the TOTP feature on 1P but don't like that you see the TOTP in the Mac App. Would it be possible to disable only the TOTP sync in the iOS sync settings or to hide it in the Mac App?
If I scan an TOTP QR Code with the iOS App it should be saved in iOS 1P but not synced with the Mac App or when synced maybe hidden in the Mac App (TOTP show/hide option secured by the 1P master password).

Scenario: Maybe I get disturbed (e.g. by a phone call) during use of 1P and I leave my Mac and 1P open. The time till it close by it self could be maybe used...

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: WiFi
Referrer: forum-search:TOTP

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rici,

Thank you for writing in to ask about this!

Would it be possible to disable only the TOTP sync in the iOS sync settings or to hide it in the Mac App?

There are no options to enable/disable the syncing of individual fields within items, just as there are no options to enable/disable the syncing of individual items - syncing happens at the vault level, so everything in that vault will sync. When making changes to 1Password on one device, the expectation is that those changes will sync to other devices, and I doubt we would change that.

However, perhaps we could make it possible to conceal a one-time password field the same way regular password fields can be concealed - would that be helpful for you? I can't make any promises about if/when we might make that change, but I can let our developers know you'd be interested in it.

Scenario: Maybe I get disturbed (e.g. by a phone call) during use of 1P and I leave my Mac and 1P open.

To be honest, if someone else gets a hold of your Mac while both the Mac and 1Password are unlocked, you might have bigger problems to worry about, as that person would have access to everything (not just one-time passwords for your Login items that have them). Regardless of whether we make it possible to hide the TOTP field on a Mac, if you're worried about someone getting your unlocked Mac & 1Password data, I highly recommend training yourself to lock your Mac (or at least 1Password) if you step away from it. In case it helps, you can use the ^⌥⌘L (Control+Option+Command+L) keyboard shortcut on your Mac to lock 1Password while using any app.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts & feedback about this - we really appreciate it! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.