Can't install 1password on my new laptop

spe
spe
Community Member

I bought 1PW from the AppStore. Hence no license. I am trying to install it on a new laptop but I am either asked for a license key (don't have), or I can select 'Find My Data,' in which case I am asked to seek a FileVault in iCloud (don't use) or AgileBits (not there) or via Mac App Store (refused my PW).
My PW still works on my other machines, so I know it's OK. To my knowledge I do not have a FileVault, btw.
Please advise. It seems that the software was updated since I last installed this, during the summer...
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password no license

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spe

Congratulations on your new computer! I'm sorry about the trouble that you're having with 1Password. There are two parts here to get it set up. First of all, you need to download 1Password again from the Mac Appstore with the same Apple ID that you used to purchase it originally. If for some reason you're having some trouble doing this part please let us know and we'll help you sort out something else :chuffed:

If you're using 1Password correctly on other computers (more than one) you're most likely syncing your data somehow. Could you please go to one of the computers where 1Password is working correctly and then go to Preferences in 1Password and click on "Sync" and let us know what you see in there? Depending on what you find there we'll be able to guide you to set up your new machine :chuffed:

I hope to hear back from you soon so we can get 1Password up and running on your new machine for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.