Best practices: KTN?

Frenle IT Services
Frenle IT Services
Community Member

Hi

I just got my Known Traveler Number (TSA pre-check). I want to store it in 1P, but I figured as long as I'm at it, I should ask for the best method of doing so. There are many, many options here! Including my often-used lazy method of just creating a secure note for most things. What's the smartest or most useful way to store it?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Frenle IT Services

First of all, I love your avatar. If these are your kittens, they look so cute :love: You can store your KTN however works best for you. I tend to like having those things in "Notes" as well, they are very flexible and easy to mold. Another option is to use your "Identity" if you've created one for your self. You can create a new field in there and it would be pretty easy to find too. Finally, you can try to use the category "Social Security Number". If you only have one or two items there it might make it very easy to find this one if you're on a hurry at the airport :chuffed:

At the end of the day, there is not one "correct" way to use 1Password beyond having strong, unique passwords for every account. Beyond that we can all find a balance on how to store things better, and even tricks that work best for each of us!

Please let us know what you think of these options and if you try any of them how it works for you :chuffed:

• The kittens are adorable, as are you, if I may say? I'm very lucky to be owned by them. Thanks for the tips I think I'll start filling out "Identity"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Frenle IT Services: :love:

Those aren't cats! Those are fine art models! :lol:

But in all seriousness, I thought I'd butt in here to share yet another suggestion with you: I actually store my KTN in my Passport item since that's the context I need it in most...and frankly I forget that it's there until I need it. Cheers! ;)

• lol they're pretty amazing.

I appreciate that tip. That is gold.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.