Syncing with new Personal Cloud product currently on Indiegogo

shawjd1
shawjd1
Community Member

Hi folks and Happy Holidays! Currently on Indiegogo there is a product from Daplie called The Cloud System. The whole idea is to own your Cloud System and not entrust all your pics, music, etc. to a hard drive at some storage farm. Cut to the question: Will I be able to dump the somewhat costly Dropbox and do all my 1P syncing on this product? (assuming, of course, it comes to fruition.)

1Password Version: 6.6 Beta 1
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shawjd1,

Thanks for contacting us with your question!

I'm not familiar with 'The Cloud System', but if it has an app that monitors/syncs a folder on your Mac with the server, then you can likely use the Folder sync option in 1Password for Mac with that: How to keep a copy of a local vault updated in a folder on your Mac

That can be used to sync 1Password between multiple Macs and/or with 1Password 4 for Windows. However, it won't work with the iOS version of 1Password (in a nutshell, this is due to sandboxing restrictions on iOS).

Will I be able to dump the somewhat costly Dropbox...

If your main concern is that you don't want to pay for a Dropbox account, then the good news is that you can use a free Dropbox account ("Dropbox Basic") which includes 2 GB of space. Your 1Password sync file should only take up a tiny fraction of that! :)

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have more questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.