How to permanently delete a password

Options

I have a Teams account for work. I accidentally saved a personal login to one of our shared Team folders. Once I realized this, I moved the login item to the trash. I then went to the trash folder, only to find there is no option to delete it from this folder. To make things worse, now I can't even edit the item to change or delete the saved password stored in it. The only two options are to "copy" the item or "move to trash" (which doesn't make sense, since it's already in the Trash folder).

I'm not able to empty the Trash folder for my entire department just to fix this issue. Is there any way to delete out a single stored login from the Trash? If not, please add this feature ASAP. It might also be helpful to have an option to delete a password permanently instead of sending it to the Trash folder.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @1pw_user! I'm sorry to hear about the mishap. It's not currently possible to delete one item from the Trash. Emptying the Trash will not permanently delete the items in it for quite a while since they are automatically archived in case you need them later, so I would recommend changing that password to something new and storing it in your Personal vault. You can change the vault used for saving new Logins as well so this doesn't happen in the future. I'll let the team know you asked about permanently deleting items from your account, as well as removing single items from the Trash. Hope this helps!

ref: B5-1906

This discussion has been closed.