Is it possible to set a different password for the browser extension than my master password?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I used to be able to unlock 1password mini and safari extension with a quicker shorter password than my very long master password. During an update this got changed and now it is requesting my master password every time I go to unlock the either. I can't seem to find anywhere to set a quick password for 1password mini or the browser extension password, is this option no longer available?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I used to be able to unlock 1password mini and safari extension with a quicker shorter password than my very long master password. During an update this got changed and now it is requesting my master password every time I go to unlock the either. I can't seem to find anywhere to set a quick password for 1password mini or the browser extension password, is this option no longer available?

@pmerta: Hmm. That isn't a feature 1Password for Mac has ever supported. It sounds like you may have been using an old version of the 1Password extension which was disconnected from the main app for some reason, at least with regard to the Master Password. With recent versions of the extension, it isn't possible for them to become "out of sync" in any way, so that's maybe why you're seeing different behaviour since then. We don't have plans to make users have to remember more than a single Master Password, but you can always change it to something better suited to you. With only one, you can use a long, strong, unique Master Password since you don't have to remember many of them. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.