1Password confuses Exxon and Shell

Options

I have a shell oil credit card and an ExxonMobil credit card. Both use Citibank to manage their credit accounts, so if I log into Shell then try to log into Exxon, 1Password gets confused and tries to use my Shell data for Exxon

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:exxonmobil

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry about that, @wpknabe. It sounds like both of these likely use the citi.com or citibank.com sign in URL. If you edit the two Logins and set the URL to the same value, does it then prompt for which Login to use?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• wpknabe
    wpknabe
    Community Member
    Options

I edited shell url to make it the same value as Exxon. now when I try to log into Shell, it goes to exxon. As I said before both use Citi as the back-end and it is expecting the same login credentials from the prior login. Of course, I could make the login credential the same but that would obviate the entire value of your product.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

I edited shell url to make it the same value as Exxon. now when I try to log into Shell, it goes to exxon. As I said before both use Citi as the back-end and it is expecting the same login credentials from the prior login.

@wpknabe: I don't have an Exxon or Shell card, but I do have several other Citi accounts. Can you tell me the URLs you're using for each login? I think that may be the key, and I'll be happy to investigate.

Of course, I could make the login credential the same but that would obviate the entire value of your product.

I agree. Don't do that. I'm sure there's a better solution. :)

This discussion has been closed.