To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Removing duplicate entries in Personal Vault

Options
LarryT
LarryT
Community Member

Hi,
I just got a 1Password account and I successfully moved my existing data to the Personal Vault in the new account. Then I opened 1Password on another computer and, not quite understanding how things work, moved the data from 1Password on that computer to the Personal Vault. The result is that I now have duplicate entries in the Personal Vault. I could, I guess, remove the duplicates individually manually, but I'm bound to make a mistake and it would be tedious. Is there another way? (I have not deleted the original vaults from their computers or the Dropbox folder that I was synching with.)
Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @LarryT! Glad to hear you got things moved over. I'm sorry about the duplicates in your Personal vault though. That shouldn't be happening. To double-check, could you make sure you're viewing just the Personal vault, not All Vaults? The latter is a unified view of all your vaults, not just the Personal one. It still show your Primary vault's data which is the same as what you moved to your account. Click the vault menu in the top left of the window to change vaults:

If that's not the case, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• LarryT
    LarryT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jacob, for your response. The support ID number is #JDP-45496-244.

• MaxOverD
    MaxOverD
    Community Member
    Options

I have encountered the same thing after moving to 1Password6 and setting up a family share. Even when I just look at my personal vault, there are quite a few duplicates. Is there an easy way to clean those up? [#IUT-76948-197]

• Jacob
    edited December 2016
    Options

@LarryT @MaxOverD Thanks for sending those reports. We'll get back to you shortly.

ref: JDP-45496-244, IUT-76948-197

• canuckamuck
    canuckamuck
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I came in search of answers for the same problem. I have submitted a report as per instructions above and my support ID is #NPV-82517-675. Thanks for the help.

• @canuckamuck Thanks! We'll get back to you shortly.

ref: NPV-82517-675

• Fastidious
    Fastidious
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. I previously synced with Dropbox. That vault still exists. Is there a way to clear out the passwords in my new 1Password family vault and then replace them with what was in Dropbox, which does not have duplicates?

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @Fastidious - Thank you for contacting us. Are you using the All Vaults view or are the duplicates within your Personal vault? Keep me posted and I look forward to getting this squared away for you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.