1password mini hangs when no router is configured

mariusvw
mariusvw
Community Member

For my work my macbook is often just connected with an static defined IP on the VLAN I am working.
This VLAN has no router or DNS servers configured.

When using the CMD+\ combination to trigger an login for a switch it works alright.
But when the 1password vault is locked and I make a type mistake in my password the extension unlock window becomes unresponsive (won't do the "invalid password shake").
When I switch to another application and back to the browser, the extension window is gone. When I retry with the correct password it results with the message that my password is invalid.
I started 1password app to try logging in there, it also reports 'invalid password'.

When looking at the processes I noticed that the 1password mini process is using over 50% of the CPU.
Then I force killed the 1password mini process, it directly restarts and things seem to work like normal again.

I tested this also with simulating the same problem and recovering to an active internet connection. The 1password mini process won't recover when the connection restored.

It seems the only solution so far is killing the 1password mini process.

Can you please look into this? If I can do anything to help testing, let me know.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:blaat

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mariusvw: Is your setup perhaps forwarding some or all of 1Password's local traffic elsewhere? 1Password uses websockets to communicate within the machine, so that might explain why things are getting hung up there. Let me know what you find!

• mariusvw
    mariusvw
    Community Member

@brenty the local traffic is untouched, only the thunderbolt ethernet connection settings are affected, default adapter settings are on DHCP and the VLAN is configured statically. The wireless adapter is disabled. When 1password uses the local interface it should not be affected by changes on the ethernet adapter.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mariusvw: That seems like a fair assumption to make, but it sounds like it may be worth actually checking. A lot of things like this which you wouldn't expect to affect local connections at all just forward everything without asking. And to be clear, the adapter itself won't make a difference since local traffic, by definition, won't be using it at all — unless something else is rerouting it. Have you tried setting as exception for 1Password, localhost, and/or 127.0.0.1?

• mariusvw
    mariusvw
    Community Member

@brenty I reinstalled the macbook, installed 1password, added a VLAN5 with IP 10.5.1.99/16, no router and no dns configured.
    The wireless adapter disconnected, no other changes.

The only moment when the 1password mini locks is when I miss type the password.

Can you provide me with some more info how 1password internally connects so I can debug some more?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mariusvw,

I apologize for the delayed response! To help us figure out what's going wrong, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• mariusvw
    mariusvw
    Community Member

I mailed you the diagnostics report.

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:07:35 +0100

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @mariusvw! I wanted to check to make sure we received your diagnostics report email, but I couldn't find it when I searched for the email address associated with your forum account. After sending that email, did you receive a reply from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the ticket ID from that response so we can track your message down and ensure it gets answered quickly. Cheers! :)

• mariusvw
    mariusvw
    Community Member

I did not receive a reply from the BitBot, forwarded the message again containing the username and email used on the forum.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mariusvw,

I'm afraid I still cannot find your diagnostics report when I search for the email address from your forum account. Can you please check the 'Sent' folder in your email to make sure you see it there? If you find it in your sent items, please double-check that you sent it to the following address:

support+forum@agilebits.com

If you sent it to a different address, can you please try forwarding it to the correct address above? Thanks! :)

• mariusvw
    mariusvw
    Community Member
    edited January 2017

@Drew_AG it was mailed from [redacted] can you check if you can find it from that address?

• Andrew_AG
    Andrew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mariusvw. I found your Diagnostics Report. We'll take a look and get back to you via email.

Thanks.

ref: KXD-55949-587

This discussion has been closed.