Setting up 1Password 6 on a reformatted Mac drive (OS 12.xx)

OntarioGuy
OntarioGuy
Community Member

Hello,

I've been a dedicated user for a few years and have 1Password 6 on my Mac, 1Password 4 on my Windows 10 PC, and it is also on my iPad and iPhone. I recently reformatted the drive on my MacBook Air and have been challenged in trying to activate 1Password 6 on my MacBook Air. The instructions are somewhat unclear in terms of trying to locate account details on any of my devices, I don't have any QR code, sign in address @1Password, etc. in the past, it was fairly straightforward to install on another device.

Please help - how am I able to activate with the simplicity of past installs?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@OntarioGuy: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL. Instead, if you choose "Use without an account" you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license details via email in case you need them, so just follow the instructions there to register the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.