1Password Crashing when viewing vCard Attachment

margutie
margutie
Community Member

I am using 1Password since a while and have attached Vcards to certain entries in my vault. When I view them on the iPhone/iPad it works without a problem, if I am using the 1Password Mini or the main 1Password Application I open the entry click on "click to view" and then the App is crashing. This happens every time. In the past it used to work so I don't know what the issue is.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Viewing Vcard

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@margutie: Thanks for reaching out! That is odd. Are you able to export it instead of viewing it? It sounds like the data is damaged on your computer. You may be able to restore from a backup or sync the data from another device, but let's hold off until we have a better idea of what's going on.

• margutie
    margutie
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. The interesting thing is - it worked before using 1Password 6 - only since the last few updates it's crashing. I haven't changed anything on the attachments. The data (vcards) I can view on my iPhone/iPad so I would say those can't be "corrupted" as they're all stored on the vault and not locally. Viewing JPG attachments on the Mac works without problem but not vCards. Any idea what this could be?

Re-Linking all individual vCards to each entry in 1Password would be quite time-consuming - so I hope there is a better way of getting around this as it worked before.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@margutie: I wonder if the app itself is simply damaged on your Mac, or if the locally cached copies of the files are. It could just as easily be the OS though, since 1Password isn't a vcard viewer; it just passes them off to QuickView/Preview to open them. It sounds like you may not be using attachments at all, but Documents in a 1Password.com Account. Is that correct? Rather that attempting to re-download and link everything at once, why not perform a test with one item? Please try the following:

1. Save a vcard to disk and try to open it there. Does this work as expected?
    2. Drag 1Password to the Trash and restart your Mac.
    3. Reinstall 1Password for Mac and try it again. Does it still crash?

Let me know what you find. We'll get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.