To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

license key vs. Account Key

Options
dbe4876
dbe4876
Community Member

I am trying to sign into my Mac account on the Web (https://my.1password.com/signin). And, I am putting in the only key I can find and it keeps telling me "This looks like a 1Password license key, not an Account Key for 1Password Teams or 1Password Families." However, I don't think this error message is accurate, because I just used the "Find your account" link, and after entering my email address it brought up the logon screen with the same key already populating the Account Key box. I think this means I've entered a wrong password instead. But, there is no "Reset password" link anywhere. How do I reset my password to get back into my online Mac account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dbe4876! I've been speaking with you via email, and we've got a solid conversation going so let's keep it there for now. :)

ref: NMH-61457-579

• dbe4876
    dbe4876
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, thanks for the help. We got though it! :-)

• No problem at all. :)

• matt_farber
    matt_farber
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob I am having the same issue - please help!

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@matt_farber Jacob's sleeping at the moment, so maybe I can help you instead!

1Password comes in two main "flavours" - standalone licences for the apps, and online subscription accounts; it's only the subscription accounts that have a web interface. You can learn more about the differences between licences and subscriptions here: https://support.1password.com/why-account/

If you're getting the message "This looks like a 1Password license key, not an Account Key for 1Password Teams or 1Password Families.", then I suspect you have a licence for 1Password instead of an account. In that case, all you need to do is download the version of the 1Password app you purchased a licence for, and apply the key or licence file to it. You can find the latest versions of 1Password on our downloads page here: https://1password.com/downloads/

Note: The version of 1Password for Windows that's for licence owners is 1Password 4 for Windows; if your licence is for 1Password 4 for Windows, click the "Get 1Password 4 (standalone version)" link under the main blue download button for 1Password for Windows).

• dbe4876
    dbe4876
    Community Member
    Options

Nice to see efforts for clarification. But, I'm afraid it is just too much trouble and still a process that provides too many hurdles for users to jump through. I've decided to go with LastPass as it is much more straightforward.

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @dbe4876 - It's great to hear back from you. Is there anything I can help you with to make things a little easier for you? We appreciate the feedback. It helps us understand where we can improve. If you decide to give 1Password another try again, please feel free to reach out to us and we'll be more than happy to help. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with us.

Remember our door is always open and we hope to hear back from you soon. :+1:

• Anaco_angler
    Anaco_angler
    Community Member
    Options

I think I'm caught in this same license vs account conundrum. I purchased 1Password in Jan 2016 via the Mac App Store. I don't recall ever getting a license key and have been tearing my hair out trying to figure this out. I've also sent two emails to you guys with no response. I have no trouble using 1Password on my Mac and iOS devices but when I tried to get my wife set up to use 1Password (I was under the assumption I had purchased a family plan) I could only install 1Password on her Mac but not her iOS devices. in trying to install on her iOS devices, I'm prompted for a sign in address and account key but I don't recall ever having either..
    Should I sign up for a family subscription in order to be able to share iPassword with my wife? Can I do that without having to start over with the logins I've already saved? Or am I headed to LastPass like dbe4876? I like 1Password but if I can't use it, it doesn't make sense to keep it.
    Please help. This is so frustrating.
    Thank you.

• Frank
    Options

Hi Anaco_angler - Thank you for reaching out to us and I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to locate the email you initially sent over and I have replied back to you. Let's continue the discussion over there :-) Talk to you soon.

ref: CGH-45478-813

This discussion has been closed.