Stuck on the 1 password setup page with second user

roads
roads
Community Member

Hi,

I run 1password on a mac and on the main user it syncs by dropbox just fine. Now I have set up a second user on the mac and I would like to use 1password there also. The problem is, I am stuck on the setup page there. I can click the find your data button but nothing happens. I can install the safari add-on but the add-on will say it can't connect to 1password. I reinstalled 1password on the second user, still same. I logged out and in, same. 1password is installed in the standard folder which is applications. I deleted the second user and recreated it, still same. Second user has admin rights. On the setup page I can not log in nor can I create an account, the buttons will not respond. Dead end. Dropbox is open and running on second user I can access the 1password chains from finder.
1password latest version
El Capitan 10.11.6

so: first user 1password works and syncs as it should, second user no entry, I can't tell it even where the vault is. Buttons do not respond.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• roads
    roads
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

btw if I doubleclick the keychain in the dropbox then 1 password opens with the same 1P setup page and the same unresponsive buttons in the same stuck position.
    Shutdown and going to the second account directly does not help either. Same stuck page.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@roads: Please try quitting 1Password completely by holding Control and pressing Command Q, and then relaunch it. It sounds like macOS may be launching the wrong copy of mini, or in the wrong context, when you switch to the second account. Let me know if that helps!

• roads
    roads
    Community Member

Hi brenty, yes that did work, thank you. 1P should however handle this situation wouldn’t you say?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, I'm glad Brenty's suggestion solved the problem! I'm not sure what was going wrong, but it was likely a 1-time fluke. Sounds like you're all set now, but if you run into more trouble or have any questions about 1Password, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.