Can Password find and open encrypted DMG on my Mac

Phlogiston
Phlogiston
Community Member

I have several folders that I have saved as encrypted DMG's (sparsebundle) They hold various financial files. Can I set up Password to locate and open the appropriate sparsebundle on the Mac or do I need to find the sparsebundle DMG and double click then paste a password from 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud and Carbon Copy Cloner

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Phlogiston,

Thanks for writing in with your question! Although you can store a password for an encrypted DMG in your 1Password vault, the 1Password app doesn't have the ability to find and open those DMGs for you, so you'll need to copy/paste your password.

If you have more questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. We're here for you! :)

• Phlogiston
    Phlogiston
    Community Member

Thank you for the timely reply. You have a good product continue working on it to make it a great product. 1Passowrd has made life a bit easier.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're quite welcome, @Phlogiston! I'm really glad to hear 1Password has been so helpful for you - we want our customers to enjoy using it as much as we love making & supporting it. We'll definitely continue working to make it even better. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.