Enhancement Suggestion for 2016 MacBook Pros with TouchID

salk
salk
Community Member

More than half the time I use my 2016 15" MBPro, it is in clamshell mode running an external monitor. When I activate the 1PW extension in Safari (and Chrome) to unlock it, it displays a dialog box with two buttons: CANCEL, and Use Password (the dialog itself states that I can use TouchID if I want, which would dismiss the dialog anyway). Since my laptop is closed, I always type a password, so not having that extra keypress to press "USE PASSWORD" would help streamline things. My suggestion: How about allowing the user to just begin typing the password to dismiss the dialog box instead of having to press RETURN, or clicking the "Use Password" button. Thanks for your consideration.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• erikhuisman
    erikhuisman
    Community Member

Or better yet detect if the MacBook is in clamshell mode and not display the dialog at all

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @salk and @erikhuisman,

Thank you very much for sending us your requests/suggestions for improving Touch ID integration in 1Password! Other customers have sent us similar feedback, and it's something our developers are investigating. Although I can't say for sure if/when we'll be able to do something like that, I'll add your comments to our internal tracker. I'm sure some of our developers have a similar setup and would like to do this as well. ;)

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying Touch ID support in 1Password. We're here for you if you need anything else! :)

ref: OPM-4618

This discussion has been closed.