messed up in multiple ways

bhamgraham
bhamgraham
Community Member

I initially purchased 1Password in 2014 through the apple app store. I use only mac's. It has never synced correctly with any other devices, so I've just used it on my imac. Now I have a new MacBook pro, and I can't figure out how to download 1password onto it or how to get 1password to start syncing correctly with my iPhone. When I try to log-on to download 1password to my macbook pro, I am prompted to enter a "key." I don't recall ever having one -- only my email address and vault password. Help!

1Password Version: none on this computer
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bhamgraham

I'm very sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works. First of all, you need to download from the Mac AppStore with the same Apple ID that you originally used to purchase it, it sounds like you've got that working, right? You don't have an Account Key if you've been syncing with Dropbox all this time. You need to find the option of "use without an account" and then to find your data in Dropbox. However, I'm not sure what trouble you're having with syncing but if you're only using apple devices and only have 1Password vault then changing to iCloud sync instead might make it all easier for you. You can see how to set up iCloud sync here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/. You can change your other devices first and then set it up on the new computer :chuffed:

Please let us know if you have any questions and how this goes for you if you try it :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.