Converting to 1Password 6 on new Macbook from 1Password 5; Dropbox

jmspell
jmspell
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I am trying to convert from 1Password 5 on Mac (and lot of other devices (iOS and Windows)) to 1Password Accounts. Today data is synced using Dropbox. I am starting on a brand new Macbook Pro. I've set up a 1Password Account. Then I downloaded 1PW6 for Mac onto the new Mac. Now I want to import old 1PW data from Dropbox. I read the support article which shows a Syncing button in the preferences pane. I've gone into the preferences pane and do not see a syncing button. Please help. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password 6 syncing

Comments

• jmspell
    jmspell
    Community Member

Problem solved. Once I signed out of 1PW6 on the Mac, it gave me the option to look for the Dropbox file. That worked fine. Also, my 1PW6 on the Mac was in trial mode. Once I subscribed, everything worked smoothly and the sync button appeared in the preference pane.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jmspell

I'm sorry that we couldn't get to you sooner, but it's great news to hear that you got it all sorted out :chuffed: I hope you've been able to move all your items into your new account and everything's set up now. If you have any questions or bump into any trouble, we're always here for you!

This discussion has been closed.