Icon in launchpad is paused and grayed out

lasleyma
lasleyma
Community Member

1password appears to be working, but in launchpad whuch shows all programs the icon is gray and says it is paused. This looks like an incomplete download, but the app is working and indicates no errors. It does not allow me to re download. It just runs. Do I have a problem?
iMac latest Mac OS

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lasleyma

Thank you for taking some time to contact us, you for sure have bumped into an interesting problem here! Could you please search for "1Password" in spotlight search and see if more than one version comes up? Have you originally downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store or from our site? What exactly happens when you try to download again? I don't think you have a problem, but I'd still like to get to whatever might be causing these problems :chuffed:

I hope to hear back from you soon!

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member

There are not 2 mac versions. However, I do see another one. Actually there are 2 windows versions. These are in folders for Windows 7 and Windows 8 which have been converted to windows 10. These are virtual machines running under Parallels 11. These have the Parallels bars on them indicating a Windows application. So the grayed out one is the mac version, I think. There is not another 1Password mac icon that is not paused. I checked my downloads folder and there is not an incomplete one there also. There is only one in my applications folder. To re-download, I would have to delete the good app from my applications folder. Is that OK? I don't want to lose my passwords. In the app store if I click the button it just opens the app as it should.

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member

Here's what it looks like in Launchpad:

• lasleyma
    lasleyma
    Community Member

I put the 1password app in the trash and redownloaded. The icon in launchpad looked good. When I tried to run 1password it it gave an error and told me delete and redownload. I deleted and then emptied the trash and then redownloaded. The icon was good and the program ran. So this is resolved. Must be some type of error in OSX not recognizing completion of the download properly.

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lasleyma

Great! I'm glad it's resolved. It definitely sounds like some sort of glitch with the Mac App Store.

Please let us know if you have any further troubles!

Tj

This discussion has been closed.