Pro (shared vaults) v. Families for 2 users

matthewfrankel
matthewfrankel
Community Member

Hi, I have 1Pass 6.5.2 and use for my Mac and I believe 6.4.5 for iOS devices. I would like my wife to have her own 1Pass account (her own Master Password) and I'm wondering if she could just DL 1Password Pro create her own Master PW and then we can share a "Family Vault" for shared logins such as bills and such? I know you have Families now, but I'm trying to justify the monthly membership cost vs. a one time DL, assuming she can use the app on all of her devices as I do. Pros and cons? Look forward to your response and advice so I can make an informed decision. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @matthewfrankel

Thank you very much for your interest in 1Password, it's great news to hear that you want your wife to use it as well! We designed 1Password Families exactly as a solution to sharing. There used to be a way to share vaults between different people using Dropbox, but it was so complicated to set up, and would cause so much trouble to the people that used it that we worked very hard to find a solution without all these issues. Keep in mind that she'd only be able to use 1Password with her iOS devices for free so if you both want to use it on a desktop 1Password Families will have you covered in that base as well.

I hope that this answered your questions, and if I missed anything or there's anything else that you'd like to know please let us know and we'll be glad to help you out :chuffed:

• matthewfrankel
    matthewfrankel
    Community Member

Thanks for the info Pilar. I have a more personal follow-up question re: 1Pass Families that I emailed support directly about but haven't heard back, if you don't mind looking in to this support ID: #WCH-61455-254
    Much appreciated.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @matthewfrankel,

I'm very sorry you haven't received a reply to your email yet! We've had a bit of a surge in support emails recently so it's currently taking longer than usual to hear back from us, and I apologize for the inconvenience. I'll add a note to the email thread with details from this forum discussion and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience! :)

ref: WCH-61455-254

• matthewfrankel
    matthewfrankel
    Community Member

Thanks @Drew_AG

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @matthewfrankel

On behalf of Drew_AG and the rest of us, thanks for your patience!

Tj

• matthewfrankel
    matthewfrankel
    Community Member

@Pilar @Drew_AG @TJLuoma I'm hoping one of you (or another support staff working today) can address a new issue I have with my Families account ASAP. I'm by my computer this afternoon and would like to get it sorted out. Email reference: support ID is [#GCQ-53721-112]

• matthewfrankel
    matthewfrankel
    Community Member

WAIT! I remembered my PW. Haha. Please disregard the thread! And please close support ID is [#GCQ-53721-112]. Thanks.

• @matthewfrankel,

Good to hear, I've gone ahead and closed that thread.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.