How to reset master password from a deceased spouse ?

Justice88
Justice88
Community Member

My wife passed away and now i need information from her 1password vault

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5TD3tZACIpY21TVWpReTVLWE0?usp=sharing

1Password Version: 6.3.3 (633001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My wife has passed and i need help getting into her 1password.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Justice88

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. I'm also sorry to have to give you more bad news. A Master Password is never sent over the internet, we don't have it, nor do we have anything that will let us decrepit your data. Hence we don't have the ability to recover it for you. There is also no "back door" to access the data without the Master Password. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to our customer's secure information.

You do get unlimited attempts to unlock the vault, though. You can try every Master Password you want and see if that helps. We won't erase the data after a number of tries, so you can try for as long as you wish. If there's a hint, perhaps it will help too.

Again I'm very sorry to hear about this, we're here to assist you anyway we can in this hard time

• daiku
    daiku
    Community Member

My condolences to the OP. Pilar, I commend you on your sensitive customer service.

• On behalf of Pilar, you're welcome. We're here if you have some other questions.

This discussion has been closed.