App and Mini Very Slow after Update 6.5.2

grandvalleydave
grandvalleydave
Community Member

After the most recent update to 1Password 6.5.2, my beloved 1Password on my MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013) running OS 10.11.6 is very slow opening the mini, opening the browser extension, and opening the App itself. I'm talking 10+ seconds to open. This is compared to the standard I have come to expect since becoming a 1Password customer in 2009 (or earlier) which has been nearly instantaneous.

I have tried rebooting, booting into single user mode and running fsck, etc.

Looking for some help returning to 1Password bliss and regaining swift use of this essential tool.

Thanks,
Dave

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Slow after Update 6.5.2

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grandvalleydave,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with 1Password after the latest update!

I see that you also emailed us about this problem and included a diagnostics report from your Mac. Someone will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible about that, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid creating any confusion between here and there. Hopefully we'll be able to get this all sorted out soon. Cheers! :)

ref: PGC-73227-557

• grandvalleydave
    grandvalleydave
    Community Member

I am happy to report that speeds to all the interfaces (mini, browser, App) are all back to normal. I think it is a direct result of running the Troubleshooting Utility, but I don't know what specifically was addressed. Thanks for the followup and good support.

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grandvalleydave

Hooray! I'm glad to hear that it's working now. I think sometimes these computers just need some extra love and attention :chuffed:

Tj

• grandvalleydave
    grandvalleydave
    Community Member

Looks like I spoke too soon... This morning, 1Password is back to molasses speed. :( Not sure what changed. Trying to see a pattern...

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grandvalleydave

I see you've been emailing with Laura, so I'll let you continue the conversation over there. I hope that you get it sorted out!

This discussion has been closed.