"Upate the 1Password extension" message

frostyfritz
frostyfritz
Community Member

Hi. I've just re-installed Chrome on my MacBook Pro Late 2016, and keep getting this message popup when I open Google Chrome. I have a choice "Not Now" or "Update Now". Clicking the later takes me to the install extension window, and I click the green button. But nothing happens, and then I get the popup again. Any ideas? Also, I don't seem to be able to open 1Password application on my MBP--I'm getting a message about not being able to open 1Password Mini.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @frostyfritz,

I'm sorry you're having some problems with 1Password and the browser extension on your Mac! We'll help you get things back to normal one way or another.

For the error message you're getting when trying to open the main 1Password app, please try the suggestions in our support article here: If you see "1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" when trying to open 1Password

As for the problem with the extension in Chrome, it looks like you have version 4.4.3 installed, which is much older at this point. The latest is 4.6.2, and if Chrome isn't automatically installing extension updates for you, that explains why you're seeing that message. I don't know why it doesn't work when you try to install the update, but you can try uninstalling the old extension and then install the latest one:

• In Chrome, go to Window > Extensions in the menubar.
    • In the Extensions window, click the trash can icon next to the 1Password extension and click Remove.
    • Restart Chrome.
    • Open the following link in Chrome: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.

Please let us know how it goes with both of those issues, and if either one is still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• frostyfritz
    frostyfritz
    Community Member

Thanks Drew! Looks like the second solution solved both of my issues!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @frostyfritz

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that everything's sorted out and working well for you again. I hope that everything goes well for you from now on, but if you ever need us again, we're always here to help you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.