User 2 on my Mac gets ‘Trial Expired’

g_ollerhead
g_ollerhead
Community Member

I am trying to allow two mac users access to 1password using a dropbox vault. I already have it working OK on my Mac (User 1 only), two iPads and two iPhones. But when User 2 unlocks the 1Password app it says ‘Trial Expired’. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS Safari 10,12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @g_ollerhead

Are you using Fast User Switching to change between users on the same Mac? In that case, the second user won't have access to the license because the licenses are connected with the account.

• @g_ollerhead,

To add to @TJLuoma's response, you're going to need to apply the license file in the second user account in order for it to be licensed. You'll need to either locate the previous email you would have gotten when you Purchased 1Password or you can certainly request it again from our automated system: https://agilebits.com/store/licenses.

There will be a click me link in the email that downloads the license, simply transfer that over to the other user account and drag it onto the license window available under the 1Password menu in 1Password.app.

Rudy

• g_ollerhead
    g_ollerhead
    Community Member

Many thanks Rudy - and TJLuoma. That did the trick. User 2 is now up and running.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @g_ollerhead

On behalf of TJ and Rudy, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that 1Password is back on its feet again for you, on both users :chuffed: I hope that everything goes smoothly for you from now on, but if you need help with anything else, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.