To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Permanently Delete Acccount for 1Password.com

Options
KeithWeisshar
KeithWeisshar
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Memberships

What would happen if I click Permanently Delete Account during an active 1Password.com subscription?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @KeithWeisshar! I'm glad you asked before doing it. When you click that button, it'll permanently delete the passwords and other items you have stored in your 1Password account. That includes items stored in the app on your device, if you are signed in to your account there.

Is there something we can help out with before you delete your account? We want to make the 1Password experience better for everyone, and your perspective means a lot. :)

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

When I clicked Permanently Delete Account, it deletes the entire account. 1Password.com does require me to maintain the emergency kit and remember where the emergency kit is because every time I delete the cookies I have to use the emergency kit. I was only on trial for a few days and when I deleted the account the remaining trial period is gone. I would have lost money if I paid for a subscription and then deleted the account. Does deleting the account automatically cancel the subscription and forfeit the remaining subscription period?

• KeithWeisshar
    KeithWeisshar
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I permanently deleted account during the iOS in-app trial subscription period using a Windows PC and it was gone. I tried to sign up again with the same email address using the start free trial link and iOS says I'm already subscribed but the 1Password account is in trial mode and no longer subscribed and then when I tried to use apply purchase to account it says the subscription can only be used on one 1Password account. I had to cancel the subscription from the iOS settings to avoid being charged for the subscription that was linked to the previously deleted 1Password account and re-delete the account because it can't be used with an existing iOS trial subscription even with the same email address.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KeithWeisshar - I just wrote you an email as I didn't want to discuss details about your discount in public. Please reply to my email at your earliest convenience and I'll be happy to help you sort things out. :)

ref: JBH-28384-215

This discussion has been closed.