aklindgren
aklindgren
Community Member

iPhone, MacBook & iPad use Dropbox but password different on iPhone

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@aklindgren I'm afraid it's impossible to provide help with problems like this without some basic information from you. Please tell us:

• What version of 1P you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your OS X version number
    • What version of 1Password for iOS you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your iOS version number
    • What password is "different": do you mean your master password or a login password? If the latter is the problem just with one item or do you have a number of items not synchronised?

Stephen

• ag_TJLuoma
    ag_TJLuoma
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aklindgren

Stephen is right on, we really need more info, especially by what you mean when you say "different". If the Master Password is different, you can change that on the iPhone to match what you expect it to be (assuming you can unlock it in the first place). Otherwise you'll probably need to start over on the iPhone and setup sync again.

But we really need more info in order to tell you what's best to do next.

TJ

• aklindgren
    aklindgren
    Community Member

I resolved this issue. Since I had changed the password on Dropbox, the sync fails with out errors. By logging out of the Dropbox account and logging back in, the sync worked again. I had to do this on each iOS device. You would think that if the sync is unable to connect it would generate an error message.

• Glad to hear that! :) There likely would be an error message from Dropbox itself. If this happens again, take a look at our troubleshooting article for Dropbox sync:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox

Let us know if you have some questions.

This discussion has been closed.