Help syncing main vault.

PamelaEve3
PamelaEve3
Community Member

I just fired up a new MacBook Air. I downloaded dropbox and 1password, but when I open 1password it doesn't see even half of my logins, etc. I sync between 2 other Mac computers (one of which is about to be retired), an iPad, and an android phone no problem. How can I get 1password to see everything on the new device?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Need help syncing between iPad and new computer

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PamelaEve3,

I'm sorry your vault isn't syncing correctly to your new Mac!

To make sure I understand: when you first launched 1Password 6 on your new Mac, did you choose "Find your data" and then selected the sync file it found in your Dropbox folder? If so, and if that's the same sync file being used by your other Macs and iOS & Android devices, it should have the same data. So the first thing to do is double-check the sync settings on each Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab.
    • Make sure it shows your Primary vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • If it shows a different sync option or says None, set up sync with Dropbox by following the steps here: Sync with Dropbox (Mac)
    • If Dropbox is already enabled in the sync preferences, check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox.
    • Remember to check these settings on each Mac.

It might also be a good idea to check the sync settings on your iPad:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is Dropbox.
    • Tap 'Sync Service' and check the file name and file path for the sync file in Dropbox (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox).

If the problem is that your new Mac is syncing with a different sync file than your other devices, you'll need to disable the sync (on the new Mac), then set it up again and choose the correct sync file from Dropbox.

Let us know how it goes and what you find, thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.