Feature request: I would like to be able to find out where I have used the same password for multipl

Truenorth
Truenorth
Community Member

The other day, I lent a mobile (cellular) hub to my daughter to use for a few months. This is the only device I have connected to a Bell Canada account, so I have her the login credentials so that she can keep tabs on the usage because it is limited. But I realized that I had used the same password for on-line banking (yeah, I know). So, I changed the on-line banking password. But this got me thinking about this feature request. I make extensive use of 1Password and am not necessarily aware of where I have used the same or similar passwords. Yes, you are correct in saying that I should just use the 1Password-generated cryptic passwords, and perhaps I will. It would also be useful to know how lng it has been since I changed a password.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.2 (652002) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:I would like to be able to find out where I have used the same password for different logins.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Truenorth

Thank you for taking some to get in touch with us and letting us know what you'd like to see in 1Password. I have great news for you, you can already do that! If you go to the main app of 1Password and look at the column on the left you should see the option "Security Audit". If you put your cursor on it, you'll see the word "show" on the right, click there. One of the options is "Duplicate Passwords" and will show just this :chuffed:

Please let us know if you try this, and how it works for you!

This discussion has been closed.