Licensed iOS 1Password not transferring to Mac version

exo_duz
exo_duz
Community Member

Hi,

I purchased 1Password iOS for my iPhone and iPad, they work beautifully (great work guys).

Now I want to transfer the purchase to my macOS but when I download the app, it says that the "Trial expired". I didn't create a 1Password account so I don't have the keys, etc. And I'm syncing with Dropbox.

What's the best way to get this working on macOS? I'm running Sierra on a MBP Retina 2012.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @exo_duz

Thank you for your interest in 1Password and for taking some time to write to us. The Pro features that you purchased are only for iOS: you can use them in as many iOS devices as you want as long as the Apple ID is the same. If you want to use 1Password on other platforms like macOS you will need an account. With 1Password.com accounts you always have the latest version of the apps for all platforms, you sync automatically and you also have access to your data via de web interface on any browser. You can read more about what the accounts include here: https://1password.com/sign-up/

If you do create a 1Password.com account, you'll nee to set it up on all your devices and migrate your data. If you have any questions about this or anything else, please let us know and we'll be glad to help you sort it all out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.