1Pass cannot back up

Options

I changed the backup location for 1Password, and how it can't backup anywhere. Any time I set a backup location it get an error telling me that it can't back up.

https://i.imgur.com/5IaXs94.png

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Pass cannot back up

Comments

• Hi @hashi856,

Thanks for writing in. That usually means 1Password doesn't have the write permission to the folder you've selected. Did you try resetting it to the Documents > 1Password > Backup to see if it works?

• hashi856
    hashi856
    Community Member
    Options

That is where I set it to when I first got the error. How do I adjust permissions?

• Hi @hashi856,

Before we proceed, did you reinstall 1Password recently as an admin? Installing 1Password as an admin when you're using a standard user account may cause this issue. To fix this, you have to reinstall 1Password as a normal user.

Right-click on the Backup folder to select Properties, then go to the Security tab and make sure your account has full permission, specifically write permission.

• hashi856
    hashi856
    Community Member
    Options

I couldn't get it to work, so I just reinstalled it. Did you guys completely change the look and layout with the last update?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hashi856: No. If it looks different, you may have installed the wrong app. In your original post, the screenshot shows that you were using 1Password 4. If you've installed 1Password 6, this is a brand new app and not an update to 1Password 4. Unless you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, be sure to use 1Password 4 instead.

This discussion has been closed.