3 laptops, sync through dropbox. old mbp has 439 items which was replaced by new mbp which has 346.

waynemertz
waynemertz
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

3 laptops, sync through dropbox. old mbp has 439 items was replaced by new mbp having 346 items (less)! A 3rd mb air has 424. The new mbp has old items that were deleted. Cannot remember how the new mbp was synced, as I did a clean install. All systems running 1Pass Version 6.5.2. and Sierra 10.12.1. How do I get back in sync?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: new mbp 4.6.2 old 4.6.1 air 4.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• vee
    vee
    Community Member

Hey @waynemertz,

Indeed that's quite a discrepancy! But it shouldn't be too much trouble to sort out.

On each of your Macs, open and unlock 1Password, select Preferences from the 1Password 6 menu, and open the Sync tab in the Preferences window. Check the filepath and sync file name and make sure you're syncing to the same file on each computer -- the filepaths should be identical. If they're not, find the one sync file that's most up-to-date and reconfigure each Mac to sync to that file. If you have more than one vault, just make sure each separate vault is syncing to the same corresponding file.

If you still run into issues, you may want to email a diagnostics report from each Mac to the AgileBits support team (along with a link to this forum post) so they can take a closer look and give you more specific instructions to get you back in sync.

Hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waynemertz: vee is right on, but I did want to add one thing:

Step 0: Backup your data.

While Dropbox is generally really good at merging and managing conflicts, if your devices are way out of sync (i.e. it's been disabled, or they are completely separate vaults, as vee mentioned), then it's good to have a backup plan to get you back to square one if the first attempt does not yield the desired result.

Please let us know how it turns out. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.