Having issues with my account. Who can I call to get help?

jcastelluccio
jcastelluccio
Community Member

I recently had to reinstall do an erase and install on my mac (currently running 10.12.2).
After I re-installed 1password, I was asked for information that I don't currently have. I don't ever recall having a sign in address nor an access key. Also, my web browser extension isn't working either.

I would greatly appreciate having a conversation with someone over the phone. Who, or how can I get a hold of someone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Having issues with my account. Who can I call to get help?

Comments

• vee
    vee
    Community Member

Hey @jcastelluccio,

So sorry for the delay in response here. AgileBits is a small team supporting 1Password users all over the world, so they don't currently have the resources to properly staff a phone support line, but their support team does monitor these forums. I see that it's been a couple of days since you posted this so I wanted to check in and see if you're still having trouble getting 1Password running on your Mac? If so, we're happy to help if you can give a bit more information about your 1Password setup so we can guide you in the right direction.

It sounds like you're being prompted for 1Password account credentials when you were probably using a local vault with a standalone license previously, rather than an account. Do you remember syncing your data to Dropbox or iCloud at any point? Or to your phone or another computer? If not, did you have any backup of your files? These answers will help us help you.

Otherwise, this support article was made for folks with questions just like yours, and should help:

How to move your 1Password data to a new computer or device

I hope this isn't too confusing. Feel free to post any other questions that you have here, and we'll do our best to answer them in a more timely manner. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016

@jcastelluccio: Thanks for your patience. I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you.

vee is right on. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

I see you've also emailed us, so I'll reply there shortly as well and we can continue the conversation.

ref: VGR-62799-431

This discussion has been closed.