How te migrate icloud vault to Dropbox so I can use it on WIndows aswell

Options

Hi,

Use 1password for a while on my iPhone and iPad.
Would like to use is on my windows 10 desktop as well.

Is this possible by syncing it to Dropbox on my iPhone and iPad so
it will be available to use it on my windows desktop.

Kind regards,
Martijn Delmeer

1Password Version: 6.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 and ios
Sync Type: icloud>dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:migrate to dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@delmeer: Sure! The first step is to create a Dropbox account and install the app on each computer (this isn't necessary on mobile devices). Then disable iCloud sync in 1Password Preferences/Settings, and select Dropbox instead. When you do this on the first device, 1Password will create an OPVault in Dropbox, and then just select that same vault on the other devices as you setup Dropbox sync there as well. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• delmeer
    delmeer
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks, managed to open the vault on my windows desktop. Just discovered that I'm not able to edit the passwords stored in the vault. Any idea why?

• Hi @delmeer,

That sounds like you're using 1Password 6 for Windows, which is limited to 1Password.com vaults at the moment and has read-only support for local vaults. While we plan to add full support for local vaults and thus, Dropbox, to 1Password 6, we don't know when it'll be implemented.

For now, you'd want to switch to the 1Password 4 instead, which you can find here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

This discussion has been closed.