How can I remove the personal info autofill option?

Ale88
Ale88
Community Member

Hi guys,

I'd like to know how to remove / deactivate the autofill option for the personal info, like this one which appeared during a registration:

I checked the preferences but I didn't see any option...

Thanks a lot!
Alessandro

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ale88

Thanks for getting in touch with us :chuffed: I'm guessing you use Safari, right? If that is the case, then that autofill option is part of Safari, not 1Password. You change it by going to Preferences in Safari, picking the tab "Autofill" and disabling the options that you don't want to see around, the one you're talking about is most likely "Using info from my contacts".

Please let us know if this does the trick and if there's anything else that we can do for you :chuffed:

• Ale88
    Ale88
    Community Member

Hi @Pilar
    thanks a lot for the answer, I solved the problem ^_^
    I don't really know why but I've never noticed Safari's autofill option for the personal info until I've installed 1Password, my fault.

Thanks again for your help! ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! Frankly, my own personal reason for disabling browser autofill is that it confuses me too! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.