1Password 6.5.2 sort order does not persist

whshep
whshep
Community Member

Sort order does not persist between sessions. "All Items" is always sorted by Title, even though I had previously changed it to "Date Modified."

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sort

Comments

• Hi @whshep! Thanks for reporting this. Could you give us some steps to produce the issue on our end? I wasn't able to using the same version of 1Password you mentioned in your post. Perhaps I'm missing a key step ;)

• whshep
    whshep
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    1. Open 1Password
    2. Choose All Items
    3. Choose XXX items sorted by Title and change to Date Modified
    4. Close 1Password
    5. Re-open 1Password
    6. XXX items are now sorted by Title

If I search for something, sorting will revert to Date Modified

Here’s a screencast:
    https://v.usetapes.com/g3yRwj0c6N

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whshep,

Thank you for the steps and for the screencast! Like Jacob, I've been unable to reproduce this problem, so it helps to see it happen on your Mac. I noticed that when you reopen the app, it is still sorted by Date Modified for a split second, but then it quickly changes to being sorted by Title. That's very strange!

I don't know what would cause that, but there are a couple general things you can try to see if they help. First, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then unlock 1Password again. If All Items is sorted by Title, try switching it to Date Modified again, then quit and reopen the app.

If it still does the same thing, please reboot your Mac. After it restarts, try again. Does it make any difference?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• whshep
    whshep
    Community Member

Restarting 1Password mini via the Troubleshooting menu, restarting 1Password, and rebooting had no effect.

One thing I’ve noticed: this affects only the items selected in the sidebar. For example, if I change the sort order of All Items to Date Modified, select Favorites in the sidebar, then quit and restart, Favorites will be selected, but the sort order of All Items will remain Date Modified. If I select something else and sort by Date Modified (e.g., Logins), the selected item will revert to sort by Title on quit and restart, but All Items will remain sorted by Date Modified. Sorting by other criteria has the same effect.

In other words, whatever is selected in the sidebar will be sorted by Title on restart.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whshep,

Thanks for trying those things, and for the additional details! Indeed, that's very odd behavior. In order to help us figure out why that is happening, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• whshep
    whshep
    Community Member

IKD-96986-331

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @whshep

Thank you for sending the Diagnostics Report. We have received it. Someone will be in touch with you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience, we'll continue the conversation over email :chuffed:

ref: IKD-96986-331

This discussion has been closed.