I'm trying to find my account key. I no longer have my emergency kit.

Options

I following the on-line instructions, when I try to sign in to 1password to generate a new emergency kit, I'm asked for my account key. Thus, I'm put in an endless loop.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.616
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I'm trying to find my account key. I no longer have my emergency kit.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dean_winter: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I've resent your license information via email, so just follow the instructions there to register the app.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dugbugg
    dugbugg
    Community Member
    Options

Help. I bought a license for 1password today, installed it on a mac, entered several websites and changed the passwords. I signed out of 1password and can not get back into it? It keeps telling me i have entered an invalid account key, even though that is the key that is emailed to me when i ask for all of the accounts associated with my email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2016
    Options

@dugbugg: Sorry for the confusion! As I mentioned above, the Account Key is not the same as the license keys you receive as part of your purchase of the standalone 1Password apps. Just setup the app without an account, and follow the instructions in your license email to register the app.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• dugbugg
    dugbugg
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Brenty. After reading the differences in the types of ways 1password can be used and your comments, I am in business.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help! And be sure to reach out if you need anything else. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.