I don't want to pay monthly. Paying once is enough for me

AMIII
AMIII
Community Member

Hello,

I have purchased 1Password through a Parallels bundle on 12-22-2015. I don't want to use the paid version. How can I revert to syncing through either dropbox or iCloud ? Please provide step by step instructions

Thank you !

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.12.1
Sync Type: None yet

Comments

• Hi @AMIII! No worries. You can go back to using the standalone version of 1Password if you'd like, and your account doesn't need to be unfrozen to do it. Simply copy the items out of your account from 1Password for Mac. To do that, open and unlock the app, then choose 1Password -> Preferences and click Advanced. Click the box beside "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" to enable a Primary vault on your computer. This will be stored outside your account.

To move your items to the Primary vault, click the vault in the top left of the main 1Password window and choose the vault your items are located in. Then select them all by pressing Command A on your keyboard. With the items selected, choose Items -> Share -> Primary -> Copy from the menu bar. You can also click the export button (a little box with an arrow pointing up) on each item, select the Primary vault, and click Copy to quickly move an individual item.

When you're finished, you can delete your account by signing in to it in a browser, clicking your name in the top right, and choosing My Profile. There's a link to delete your account at the bottom of that page. Hope this helps, and enjoy 1Password! :)

• AMIII
    AMIII
    Community Member

Hello Jacob !

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions on how to get to standalone : )

With this behind us Im back to loving' 1Password !

• AMIII
    AMIII
    Community Member

Hello Jacob,

If I delete my account form the browser will I be able to sync my passwords with my other devices ? If so can you please go thought the process to sync from my MacBook Pro to and iPad and an iPhone ?

Thank you !

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @AMIII,

If you want to sync your Primary (local) vault with other devices, you will need to set up sync yourself. Since you have only Apple devices, I would recommend you to use iCloud in order to do that. Here is how:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

Please let us know if you have any questions about this process. We are always ready to lend a hand! :)

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.