CloudKit errors

stumpapi
stumpapi
Community Member

It appears the 1Password extension for Safari my be causing an error with an exception error in the CloudKit process. If I disable the 1Password extension it seems to prevent. Can you help with this or have any advice?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@stumpapi: Can you be more specific? The 1Password extensions don't interact in any way with CloudKit, so I'd be interested to know what led you to that conclusion. The main 1Password app is what handles sync, and sync is the only way 1Password interacts with CloudKit. Have you tired reinstalling the extension? Also, it would help to know some basic information about your setup (OS, 1Password, and Safari versions). Thanks in advance!

• stumpapi
    stumpapi
    Community Member

I have the latest MacOS update, 1Password and Safari installed. I have tried reinstalling the extension often. The reason I suspect it is it doesn't happen if my extensions are disabled.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stumpapi,

It will really be helpful if you can let us know the specific versions, as "latest" can mean different things to different people under different circumstances. Can you please let us know the following:

Also, if you could clarify this:

The reason I suspect it is it doesn't happen if my extensions are disabled.

It sounds like you have other extension installed in Safari, in addition to the 1Password extension. Are you disabling all extensions, or just the 1Password extension? If you disable all extensions in order to solve the problem, what leads you to think 1Password is the cause?

Finally, can you please give us more specific details about the CloudKit problem that is happening on your Mac? Are you seeing an error message? If so, what exactly does that message say? Does the error happen when you're trying to perform a certain task? If so, what are you trying to do when the problem happens, and what steps are you taking to do it? The more details you can give us about what you're seeing on your end, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

• stumpapi
    stumpapi
    Community Member

I am running MacOS 10.12.2, Safari 10.0.2, 1Password 6.5.2., 1Password extension 4.6.2. I have the App store version.

Here is the report on the crash I receive.

Process: cloudd [350]
    Path: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CloudKitDaemon.framework/Support/cloudd
    Identifier: cloudd
    Version: 643.5 (643.5)
    Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process: ??? [1]
    Responsible: cloudd [350]
    User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2016-12-16 14:02:40.353 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.2 (16C67)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: 284209D9-6504-7D27-84C5-80DC7BF57D17

Time Awake Since Boot: 8500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 9 Dispatch queue: com.apple.cloudkit.CKSQLitePool.0x7ff4e76931e0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSGenericException', reason: 'Failed to step (6922): "insert or replace into Record (containerEnvironment,containerIdentifier,containerScope,dsid,etag,expirationTime,identifier,knownUserKeys,recordData,size,zoneIdentifier) values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)" - errcode:1b0a, msg:"disk I/O error", size: (null), path:/Users/USER/Library/Caches/*/Records.db, fs:(null)/(null)'
    abort() called
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    <rdar://problem/28724618> Process unable to create connection because the sandbox denied the right to lookup com.apple.coreservices.launchservicesd and so this process cannot talk to launchservicesd.
    XPC_ERROR_CONNECTION_INVALID from launchservices

I have disabled all except 1Password and get the error. If I disable all from the develop menu I don't receive the error.

I only have two extensions, 1Password and Ka-Block.

It may not be just 1Password but I was suspicious because of the improvement if I disable the extension. Also since it is a cloudkit error I wondered if it had anything to do with the face that I am syncing to iCloud?

Thank you.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the details, @stumpapi! That's certainly an odd issue. I don't know why 1Password would cause something like that, but it seems like it's connected somehow if the problem doesn't happen when the 1Password extension is disabled.

To help us figure this out, please reproduce that crash again (while the 1Password extension is enabled). Then, please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.