Having trouble setting up family

Options

Comments

• jdubkelly
    jdubkelly
    Community Member
    Options

I, too, am in the 1Password pit. I have spent 2 hours trying to setup my wife's new iPad with 1Password and link it to the Family account with MY WIFE as the user. If I scan the QR (viewing it from 1Password Families website on my laptop) from her iPad, then 1Password on her iPad thinks its me. HOW DO I CHANGE USERS ON HER IPAD FROM ME TO HER? It is not obvious.

• jdubkelly
    jdubkelly
    Community Member
    Options

OK, update . . . I figured it out! What I failed to understand is that EVERY FAMILY USER HAS HIS/HER OWN ACCT KEY. Fortunately, my wife had saved hers in an Emergency Kit on her iMac.

I was able to scan HER QR from her Emergency Kit from 1Password on her iPad . . . Voila!

• Hi @jdubkelly! Sorry for the confusion there. Every member does have their own Master Password and Account Key. This is to keep the whole family secure, and to give you all a chance to keep your own items in your separate accounts within the family. I'm glad to hear you got things sorted out. :) Now you can start sharing passwords and other items with your family.

This discussion has been closed.