Import lastpass csv file in 1Password

Options
sam_one
sam_one
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'd like to know if 1password understands lastpass csv file format and if I can import my data directly into 1password without using the strawberry perl and the 1password utilities.

Comments

• Hi @sam_one,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password doesn't have support for directly importing the LastPass CSV files into the app, you would need to use the 1Password converter tool to convert the CSV format into 1PIF before either 1Password 4 or 6 can import them.

We do want to simplify this process and handle it natively but we don't have an ETA on when it might be done.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@sam_one,

I recognize the conversion process on Windows can be a bit overwhelming to some folks. So, I've offered safe remote help to those that want it. The conversion process is quick, and the setup only takes a few minutes. If you'd like some assistance, please let me know.

• sam_one
    sam_one
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thanks for replies guys @MikeT @MrC
    I did a test importing lastpass csv file directly into 1password and it worked. When I import lastpass csv file 1Password ask me to "Select Columns" to associate lastpass corresponding entries. It also works for secure notes and credit card: in this case they are saved as logins and data saved in the notes box.
    I attached a few screenshots of the process.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@sam_one,

That's the best you'll get with the Windows CSV importer - it only categorizes into Logins.

The lastpass converter in the converter suite will give you the proper categorization:

• Using MrC's converter gives you the best results at the moment. It's not entirely trivial to use but our guide helps and you can see that you have the amazing creator of the conversion tool here to give a hand, as well.

Let us know if you need anything

This discussion has been closed.