Trying to use the Safari extension on my new MacBook Pro 2016 causes 1Password to crash or hang

brendan09
brendan09
Community Member

Hello! I've been unable to use the Safari extension for 1Password on my new MacBook Pro. Whenever I click the extension button in Safari it opens a new tab, then the 1Password app flashes and crashes / restarts. The extension is never able to successfully connect to the 1Password app.

What can I do to get this working again?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brendan09: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! It sounds like something may simply be damaged. please do the following:

1. Remove the 1Password extension from Safari
    2. Drag the 1Password app to the Trash
    3. Restart your Mac
    4. Install a fresh copy of 1Password and the Safari extension

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward hearing back from you! :)

• brendan09
    brendan09
    Community Member

Hello. I tried that and it didn't change anything. The 1Password app still crashes immediately when the extension tries to access it, although 1PasswordMini keeps running (but freezes blue in the menubar until I click it).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brendan09: Thanks for letting me know. I'm really sorry you're still having trouble there. :(

At this point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostics report after the next time it happens so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• brendan09
    brendan09
    Community Member

Ok, sent. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brendan09: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WWS-79375-851

This discussion has been closed.