Item details not showing

Options
BtotheMoon
BtotheMoon
Community Member

Hi all,

I've added wifi passwords and tried to display on my apple watch but it says "please complete third items details on your iPhone." Other passwords seems to work. Please help!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BtotheMoon: I'm not familiar with this message. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Thanks in advance!

• BtotheMoon
    BtotheMoon
    Community Member
    Options
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BtotheMoon: Ah, thank you! 1Password for Apple Watch only supports certain item types and fields, so you're seeing that because the item doesn't have data the watch can display. Can you tell me what type of item this is? And, for example, if you've added data in custom fields, it will not be able to display on the watch. Secure Notes are a good catchall for data that isn't a perfect fit for other categories too. Let me know what you find!

• BtotheMoon
    BtotheMoon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @brenty, I am using a custom field (SSID) and a password field. Not sure about the SSID but I was thinking at least the password field would be displayed?

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BtotheMoon: Ah, thanks for confirming. Indeed, since 1Password doesn't know anything about any custom field you create as far as their purpose (it just stores them), they won't be sent to the watch app (or used for filling in the main apps). Ultimately it would be cool to customize what 1Password displays on the watch, but that's going to be a bit complex and not something we're able to offer right now.

I'm getting the "Wireless Password" and "Admin Password/Base Station Password" fields displayed on my watch, so using one of those should work for you. I wonder if you're using a custom field for that as well. I think that in general this type of information is a bit confusing since there are so many different passwords involved in a router (including potentially multiple passwords for attached drives). Let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.