When I enter my password, 1password hangs for at least two minutes before unlocking

kirknorthrop
kirknorthrop
Community Member

When I enter my password, it takes about two minutes to unlock and allow access to the passwords.

This didn't used to happen, and has even persisted after I moved my vault from Dropbox to iCloud.

As you can imagine, this makes the system quite unusable...

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:hangs when entering password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kirknorthrop,

I'm sorry there's such a delay after entering your master password! We'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Does this problem happen when unlocking the 1Password extension / 1Password mini, or when unlocking the main 1Password app, or both?

In either case, please try restarting 1Password mini: From the main 1Password app, go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini. Then try unlocking it again. Does that help or is there still a long delay?

If there's still a long delay, please reboot your Mac. Once it restarts, try unlocking 1Password again. Is there any difference this time?

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• kirknorthrop
    kirknorthrop
    Community Member

Hi there,

There's no difference where I unlock, or indeed whether it is in the main app, although I usually use the extension. However sometimes it doesn't happen - it didn't happen today for example.

I've tried rebooting and restarting, but neither of these make any difference.

Hope you can shed some more light?

Thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kirknorthrop,

Thanks for trying that! It's really strange that it only happens sometimes, I don't know why it would behave so inconsistently (or why the delay is happening in the first place). To help us figure out what's going wrong, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and make sure you receive a reply as quickly as possible. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance! :)

• kirknorthrop
    kirknorthrop
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Sorry for the slow reply (and I realise it is Christmas and therefore there will be a delay).

The Support ID number is: #MXS-75833-374

Thanks for your help!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kirknorthrop! No problem at all for the delay. :)

We received your Diagnostics Report, and I'll update the email thread with details from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Cheers! :)

ref: MXS-75833-374

This discussion has been closed.