To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Single User Account to Family Account

Options
RobbieC261
RobbieC261
Community Member

I began using 1Password based on an advertisement I heard on the podcast Mac Power Users. I purchased the account and I am completely sold on this app.
My question is how do I convert my single user account to a family account? I want to share this amazing app with my wife and mother.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.5.2 (652003) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2 Beta (16C41b)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:family

Comments

• Hey @RobbieC261

That's awesome to hear that you are enjoying 1Password. Also great to hear that you listen to the MPU podcast, they are wonderful folks :)

You can convert from an Individual account to a Families account pretty easily. Log onto your 1Password.com account in your browser then select "Invite People..." from the top right menu. From there you should be presented with the screen below that will let you upgrade your account.

I hope that helps!

• jcbulliard
    jcbulliard
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have the "Invite People.." option. I only have the following options : Home, My profile, Billing, Get the Apps, Import, Help &Support, Sign Out.
    Any other solution to upgrade from Single Account to Family Account ?

• Jacob
    Options

@jcbulliard Did you happen to subscribe in iTunes? If so, you can upgrade to a family account by canceling your current subscription and waiting until it expires, then opening 1Password.com and the Invite People button should appear there. If you'd like to convert your account before it expires, send us an email at support@1password.com and we'll be happy to help out. :)

• jcbulliard
    jcbulliard
    Community Member
    Options

I effectively have an iTunes subscription. I'll wait until the expiration of my monthly subscription. Thanks.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jcbulliard - On behalf of Jacob you're very welcome :+1: Keep us posted when you're ready to convert over to 1Password Families and we'll be happy to assist with any questions you come across :-) Enjoy the rest of your day!

• jcbulliard
    jcbulliard
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, my iTunes subscription expired yesterday, but I still don't have the Invite people button !

• Frank
    Options

Hi @jcbulliard - Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you try logging into your account again? Click on the account name in the upper right hand side and you should see the "Invite People" as an option now. Keep me posted if this is not the case or if you have any additional questions :+1: Have a great day!

• jcbulliard
    jcbulliard
    Community Member
    Options

Its OK. Congratulation for your reactivity. Thanks Frank

• Frank
    Options

Thank you and you're welcome @jcbulliard :smile: Keep us posted if you have any further questions. I'm more than happy to help out.

This discussion has been closed.