Adding License Key to Android Device

Options

I purchase a license back in 2014 and have been using the product on my PCs at home and work. I added my cell phone last month and synced the info successfully. However, I just received a notice that my trial period is about to end and I am having a difficult time finding how I input the license key through the Android App. Can you help me locate it?

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 6.0.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Fuzzylogik,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the confusion with the Android version of 1Password. Let me try to explain everything.

The license that you purchased back in 2014 includes 1Password for Windows only. Pro-features in 1Password on your Android phone is a separate purchase and are not included in your license. Please see this article on our website about Pro-features in 1Password for Android:

Pro features in 1Password for Android

If are planning to use your license and sync your local vault across your devices, then you will have to purchase Pro-features on your Android. However, the best way to use 1Password on all of you devices now is 1Password account. 1Password licenses and 1Password are quite different:

The difference between a 1Password.com account and standalone license

The cost of Individual account is $2.99 per month if paid annually and it includes full 1Password apps for all platforms (+ web-interface). All future upgrades are also included in your subscription. There are no licenses to keep track of or sync options to set up — you simply download the apps from 1Password.com and sign in to your account, sync happens automatically.

I hope it helps. If you have more questions about 1Password licenses, accounts, or the apps in general, please let me know. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.