Having trouble adding custom icons

Comments

• valharp515
    valharp515
    Community Member

Also having trouble adding icons from jpg/gif files - has never, ever been a problem before. 1P 6.5.2, Mac 10.12.2.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valharp515,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with icons in 1Password! I moved your post to a different discussion because it sounds like you're running into a different problem than the one being reported in the previous thread. That issue is specifically about the icons that are automatically downloaded from our image server when the 'Show Rich Icons' option is enabled.

From your description, it sounds like you're having difficulty adding your own custom icons to items using image files on your Mac. Is that correct? If so, can you please give us some more details about that? What are the exact steps you're taking to add jpg/gif files as icons to items in 1Password, and what exactly happens (or doesn't happen) when you do that? Once we know more about that, we should have a better idea of what's going on. Thanks in advance! :)

• valharp515
    valharp515
    Community Member

Thanks, Drew_AG - I have been able to add icons for years, this is the first time I've run into problems. I typically search for a logo image on Google, download a JPG or GIF image, open and edit the 1Password record, click on the gray lock to open the place for the image, and either drag the JPG/GIF into that place or click on "other" and navigate to the JPG/GIF and chose that. I then save the record and am done. This has worked for years - it's only after the last few updates that I'm seeing problems with this. The process works, but the new image is not saved - the record does not retain my new image but reverts back to the gray lock.

Hope this helps -
    Val

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @valharp515,

Thanks for the additional description! Can you please try a test for me:

1. Find an item without an icon, and click Edit.
    2. Drag a jpg or gif file to the icon field (to the left of the title).
    3. Once you've done that, even though you don't see any change, click Save.

Does the new custom icon appear once you click Save? If so, our developers are aware of this issue, and I apologize for the inconvenience! I don't have a timeframe for when a fix will be available, but I'll let our developers know you're also experiencing this.

Aside from that bug, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

ref: OPM-4381

• valharp515
    valharp515
    Community Member

Saving the icon works this way, Drew - and works well enough to live with! Thanks for the help - all my passwords now have nice-looking logos in place!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome, I'm glad that helped! And I'm sorry again for the problem with not seeing the new icon until you save.

We're here for you if you need more help. Happy holidays! :)

This discussion has been closed.